Service provided by BizFilings
Registered Agent Services
Virtually all states require corporations and LLCs to appoint a registered agent in the state where the company is formed. The registered agent is responsible for receiving important legal and tax documents including: notice of litigation (service of process), franchise tax forms and annual report forms.
The registered agent may be an individual or a company approved by the state to act as agent, located at a street address in the state where the company is formed. The registered agent’s name and address are included on the formation documents. This information is a matter of public record, meaning that anyone has access to it.
Benefits of Using a Registered Agent Provider
Registered agent providers, such as BizFilings, are companies that act as registered agent for many businesses. These companies understand the important role the registered agent plays, and strive to provide excellent service for your business. Benefits of using BizFilings as your company’s registered agent include:
- Stability – If you move locations, you do not have to worry about changing your registered agent address with the state. If you act as your own registered agent and move, you must amend your formation documents with the state to update this address, and pay the necessary amendment filing fees.
- Anonymity – The registered agent name and address is of public record. With BizFilings as your registered agent, our address will be listed in public documents for anyone to access.
- Reliability – With BizFilings’ service, we provide real-time notice of litigation to you, and forward all official state documents and franchise tax notices.
- Convenience – Access your registered agent account 24-hours a day via our secure Online Corporate Status Center.
- Professionalism – Many corporations and LLCs use a separate company as registered agent; however, the professionalism of BizFilings’ registered agent team ensures that your company’s important documents are handled with the utmost speed and reliability.
- Accountability – Some providers offer a limited service for a hefty fee. When choosing BizFilings, you not only receive exceptional registered agent service, you also receive BizComply, our online compliance management tool, at no extra charge. We understand the challenges involved with starting and growing a business, and believe that this great product can assist you throughout the life of your business.
BizFilings operates through a company-owned, national network of registered agent offices. This allows us to deliver consistent registered agent service and provide exceptional customer service and support. As your registered agent, we will:
- Accept any legal service of process (notice of litigation) document, record the service in your company file, scan the document into the BizFilings Online Corporate Status Center, and ship the service of process to you via overnight delivery.
- Notify you via telephone and/or email upon receipt of service of process.
- Forward any official documents and tax notices received from the Secretary of State/Department of State.
- Provide you with 24/7 secure access to your registered agent account via BizFilings’ Online Corporate Status Center.
- Provide 24/7 access to BizComply, our online compliance management service.
As your registered agent, BizFilings is responsible for statutory regulations, ensuring that your company remains compliant with government regulations in any state. However, unlike other incorporation and registered agent providers, we also offer BizComply as an added value, at no charge to you.
BizFilings includes six months free of registered agent service with all formation and foreign qualification services. The cost thereafter is $129/year. If you already have a registered agent and wish to change your agent to BizFilings, that cost is also $129, which includes the change of agent with the state and the first year of service. The cost thereafter is $129/year. If you are filing your own documents with the state or your attorney is filing them for you, but need to name a registered agent, you can take advantage of our registered agent only service for $129/year.
To access our formation order form, click here. To access our registered agent only and change of registered agent order form, click here.
Limited Liability Companies
Employer Identification Number